Wedding Countdown Ticker

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

.:Great Falls:.

This is a couple weeks old but I haven't had time to put up pictures! Tim and I went to this park that was ABSOLUTELY beautiful!! It's so big it goes connects Virginia and Maryland -- we went to the Maryland side bc it's supposed to be better! We decided to go on the more "advanced" hiking trail bc the lady at the information only said it went "up and down" a lot ... little did we know it was SERIOUS hiking ... NO trails, just blue paint markings on trees and rock so you would know the right direction to go ... climbing over rocks, jumping from one side to the next, it was crazy ... but SO much fun! There was a HUGE climb towards the end that I wasn't sure I was going to be able to do, but we both did it!!! We can't wait to go back again soon!!! We are SO lucky to have something so GORGEOUS only about 20min away!!! It's the perfect place to be reminded of God's power, creation and how AMAZING He is!





The Great Falls












relaxing after lunch looking up into the sky ...




this is where we stopped to eat our lunch we brought with us

view from lunch ..

every Monday off should be like this ...


you can see the blue paint that shows you what way to go ... you have to make your own path!



I'm actually doing it!!!

the climb ...

i walked out of the woods to find this and was like "OH MY WORD .. we have to climb ALL THE WAY UP THERE!?"

this is the easy path that goes 184 miles .... it connects Virginia and Maryland ... you walk on this to get to the "advanced" hiking trail -- called the "Billy Goat Trail"

No comments:

Post a Comment