I am officially employed at Mak's Place, it's an Aveda Salon in Old Town Alexandria! I went yesterday for my interview and was hired!!! She hasn't even been hiring anyone new but she said I was very highly recommended by the Aveda Rep's and was impressed by my resume so she wanted to meet me ... and ended up wanting to hire me!! It's a really cute salon and I'm really excited to start working there!!! If you want to see some pictures of it you can look at www.maksplace.com and see a few on the website -- in a week or so my picture will be on the website with my bio also! Keep me in your prayers that I can build my clientele quickly!!! The owner is going to help me out a lot and I will also be doing some advertising to promote myself as well! Just excited to start a new job and see what God has in store for me here!!!
Wednesday, August 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Hi Ashley!!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on the new job!!! I'm enjoying reading your blog and seeing what you and Timothy have been doing lately. Megan's taking very good care of my hair! :-) Enjoy your new job!!
Kathy
Congrats Ash! Tell the owner that she is very lucky to have you!!! Hang in there during the always dreadful first year of clientele-building. You are going to do great :) Danielle
ReplyDeleteYYYEAAAHHH! Congrats on the new job Ash :) Good luck and take care! :) PS: Just in case you don't remember me... You cut and colored my hair while Danielle was out and right before you moved... my name is Emma Hetrick :) Oh and we have a blog too called the Hetrick Headlines (you can find a link on Danielle's blog i believe). Anyway, just wanted to say Congrats, you and Tim are SUPER CUTE and look VERY happy! Take care and I look forward to future posts :) Welcome to the blog world! :)
ReplyDeleteI am so glad that I had the chance to slip in the front door of Mak's Place for a peek so I have a mental picture of where you are working everyday. I know God will bless you with a growing and very satisfied clientel. If you need me to be a model walking around the city and malls I certainly will do that. I do not go one week without someone commenting on how cute my hair is! I am sooooo happy for you.
ReplyDelete